And last, but not at all the least: this may quite possibly be tequila piece de resistance of the evening! And, it’s gluten free!!! (But…shhhhh no one needs to know!) No one will ever miss the gluten in these fluffy cupcakes. Holly Harrison, of the Chocolate Feather, in San Miguel De Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico specializes in desserts that are gluten free and has perfected her gluten free alchemy. This incredible piece of tequila cuisine was specifically designed for Blue Iguana Tequila, is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party!
Blackberry Tequila Cupcakes with Lavender frosting
• 280g unsalted butter
• 65g coconut flour
• 280g ground almonds
• 280g cane sugar
• 6 eggs
• 2 limes zested
• 100 ml tequila
• 120g blackberries
• Preheat oven to 170C and get cupcake liners ready in pan.
• Blend the flours together (if you want to use regular flour just combine quantity into 350g flour)
• Cream butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add each egg one at a time and beat until each is incorporated. If mixture is breaking or flaking, add some flour.
• Fold in almonds and coconut flour, lime zest, tequila and blackberries. Only mix until combined, add berries last so that they remain intact with very little breakage. Fill cupcake papers ¾, and bake for roughly 20-25 minutes until a skewer or toothpick will come out clean. Please do Not overbake.
• 25ml whole organic milk
• 1 tablespoon lavender flowers
• 250g icing sugar sifted
• 80g unsalted butter at room temp
• Combine lavender and milk and let sit for a few hours or better overnight.
• Beat together the sifted icing sugar and the butter using the paddle attachment on your mixer on medium until it is well mixed. Turn down to low speed and add the strained infused milk. Once it is all mixed turn mixer up to high speed and mix until it’s as fluffy as you want it. Frost cupcakes and add an additional blackberry on top for a garnish. Enjoy!